Every Sunday, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Join us for Worship at 8am & 10am Come for the fellowship, worship and Biblical message. For the Kids We have nursery care & Sunday School. Want to ...
8 But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!” 9 For amazement had seized him and all his companions because of the catch of fish which they had taken; Luke 5:8-9
Peter realized that he had just witness a miracle and was overwhelmed. Peters livelyhood depened on fishing. He had fished all night and noting so putting out the nets was to be gracious to Jesus not thinking that the nets would be bursting at the seams because of the catch. Peter imediately knew that there is somethingamazingly different about this Man.
Peter realized that he had just witnessed a miracle and was overwhelmed. Peter’s livelyhood depened on fishing he knew that the odds of catching a fish was zero. He had fished all night and noting so putting out the nets was to be gracious to Jesus. Peter is not thinking that the nets would be bursting at the seams because of the catch. Peter immediately knew that there is something amazingly different about this Man.Peter character here is what caught Jesus eyes as many time that Peter stuck his foot in his mouth he was on that took immediate actions. He immediately let down the nets It was Peter that seemed to be in some kind of situation with Jesus. Peter’s example really speaks to me today he loved Jesus so much he would do anything even it would get him into trouble. At least he was willing to take that risk again and again. He also was the one who recognized Jesus as the Son of the Living God! His relationship with Jesus is one that I want to be remembered for. Peter may have stuck his foot in this mouth more that others, but he responded in ways that sets an amazing example for me never, never, never give up.
It is so easy to give up and to not be willing to do whatever it take even when you know its senseless. that is what Peter did he let down the nets even when it made no sense, and then you do amazing things because Ptere obeyed. Help me to be that obedient.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
James writes that the wisdom of God will have these qualities:
1. Pure - Purity is the most important characteristic of God's wisdom. The purity of His wisdom will be unadulterated, sinless, no impure thoughts, words, or actions will ever reflect His wisdom. This also means there will be no self imposed agenda.
2. Peace-loving - The wisdom of God would always look to find peace in all situations. God is a lover of peace, His wisdom requires that we seek peace at all cost!
3. Considerate - never wanting to hurt others.
4. Submissive - wisdom from God will be reflected in a life subjected and obedient to the authority of God's word.
5. Full of mercy - compassionate in-spite any personal bias that may not be from God.
6. Impartial - He is just, treating everyone fair, with no preconceived judgment or ideas. God is unbiased despite of any rumor or circumstantial evidence for He knows all.
7. Sincere - God is genuine, He never waivers, so stick with your convictions being free from any lies.
This is a tall order, but not for God! He who's Spirit is within me allows me the power, strength, will, and authority to have this type of wisdom. I am called to live in this wisdom daily.
Lord I confess that I am a fallen sinner and I repent and ask for your forgiveness of my sins. I will always need to seek Your heavenly wisdom to best navigate all the difficult situations of this lifetime. Will You please give me the discipline to always seek your wisdom prior to any response or action that I might take. That these seven characteristics of your wisdom always be reflected in the decisions that I make. May this then result in a harvest of righteousness where lives are saved and transformed for your glory and the expansion of your kingdom. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
© 2016 New Hope Hawaii Kai | Kaiser High School Cafeteria, 511 Lunalilo Home Road, Honolulu, HI US 96825