New Hope Hawaii Kai’s story begins in 1996 when Pastor Wayne Cordeiro started New Hope Christian Fellowship in Honolulu, HI. That small congregation quickly grew into a growing movement with thousands hearing the good news of Jesus and churches being planted all over Hawaii and the world. New Hope Hawaii Kai was one of those churches. In 2002 we were launched at Kaiser High School and have continued sharing the love of Jesus with our community ever since.
From the beginning, New Hope Hawaii Kai has focused on reaching those who don’t know God personally and building relationships through Life Groups. The life-giving message of the Gospel, the passion and joy of Sunday Services, and the simple style of New Hope have been used to bring many into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. At New Hope we do things as a team, that means church too! We invite you to see for yourself how exciting church can be when the focus is simple and people are free seek God with passion.
Our Prayer for you
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people.” EPHESIANS 1:17–18
EVERY HEART. EVERY HOME. ALIVE IN CHRIST.
We are passionate about Jesus and people. That's why our prayer and ministry efforts are directed towards a vision that every heart and every home in our community, our island and our world would be fully alive and deeply transformed by Jesus Christ.
KNOW GOD. GET CONNECTED. GROW DEEP. FIND PURPOSE
We exist to help people KNOW GOD personally, GET CONNECTED in a Gospel centered community, GROW DEEP in their faith and FIND PURPOSE by following Jesus and making a difference in their world.
Wholehearted commitment to love and follow Jesus, that looks like:
- A Jesus-centered life
- Authenticity and Excellence in Worship
- Personal lifestyles of worship, prayer and study of God’s word
- Corporate services that celebrate God’s Presence with joy, creativity and excitement
Wholehearted desire for healthy relationships, that looks like:
- Welcoming, Gospel-Centered community
- Genuine, loving and accountable relationships
- Life Long Growing through intentional discipleship
- Healthy marriages, singleness, friendships and families
- Inter-generational relationships & connection that leave a generational legacy of faith
Wholehearted process to grow in Jesus and help others do the same, that looks like:
- Healthy Daily Sabbath Rhythms and Spiritual Habits
- Practical, easy to use resources for growing in prayer, worship, Bible study, Fasting, intentional leadership and overall Spiritual growth
- Prayer for and with one another
- Helping people discover their identity in Christ, the Spiritual Gifts He has given them and the places where they can be used in servant-hearted leadership
Wholehearted passion to love people and the world around us, that looks like:
- Having conversations about Jesus with friends, family and neighbors
- Local and global mission and outreach
- Sharing our time, talent and treasure with our church and our local community
- Encouraging & equipping every person to live out their God given purpose using their God given gifts as worship to Jesus & service to others.